Wednesday, April 19, 2006

On the streets, with an RJ..


This event happened almost one and a half years back.  Thought it'll be 'informative' for others and worth sharing with.  :)

I was crazy abt cars and it was my dream to buy one once I get a job.   Managed to buy a second hand Indica with a chain of loans. Booked that in Nov 2k4. The morning I was supposed to take delivery of the car, I found myself affected by Chicken pox.  But anyway I had to take it..  So paid the balance took delivery of it and parked the car in my office, left for Kerala to take a 2 weeks bed rest. 

It got cured pretty fast and I was back after 2 weeks.  Meanwhile, I had to shift house from Indira Nagar to HSR layout.  The first thing I did was to get it from my office in white field. Then packed everything, filled my gaadi with all the stuff and headed towards HSR.

Its only the 2nd day I'm using it and I was enjoying the drive.  While in Koramangala, the car ahead of me suddenly stopped.   Me too.. But..
I saw in the rear view mirror a speeding red indica getting closer and closer..  and .. BAAAAAAAAANG......    It hit be from the back.   :((

I just got out and saw a fair girl leaping from the driving seat and asking in a lovely voice..  Did I damage your caaaaaaaaaaaar???  Me:  ^%$@%^#$@&@#%   (that was silent)    Yes of course you did.

Then some ppl and a traffic policeman came from somewhere, and we started blaming each other for the accident.  But finally I took the lead coz everybody saw that she cudn't stop the car in that reasonable distance.   :)

She agreed to pay for the damages finally..    But I shud go in the evening to the service center and she'd pay it directly.   Agreed.

Also the name she told sounded similar....   I thought its just a coincidence.. Later it proved false.

Since that was my come back day after 2 weeks, our gang had a get together and in the evening we decided to go to serv center together.  Means 5 guys. She came with her father (maybe for a small negotiation, who knows) ..  but she was rather shocked at the sight of 5 guys jumping out one after other.. :D

And Arun was our master negotiator.. He stood with me while the other 3 enjoyed the show from behind.  But the girl didn't like his presence and sarcastically called him my advocate. 
While we were assessing damages, there was an interesting conversation..

G:  (to arun) Is this your car?
A: Nope
G: Then could you step aside?
A: Wht do you mean?  Is this some kinda show off?
G: You'll have to sign a paper telling you won't raise any more complaints
Me: Ok
A: We'll need some assurance from serv center that you'll pay directly.
G: (to arun, angrily)  What's your name?
A: Thats none of your bloddy business..


And that ends there..  Everything went peacefully *after* that..

THE GIRL TURNED OUT TO BE A HOTTIE RADIOCITY RJ IN THE TOWN..   :)
But..  who cares??????






3 comments:

Geo said...

jeevikkaan sammathikkallu kettaa...

Rat said...

hahaha.. Geo.. That day was spaarr man.. YOur performance will be written in platinum font in the great books in the zoo of ChicaGeo :-S

Anonymous said...

:D. I second rat.
Btw, who all were there? you, me, rat, geo and lee?